Saturday, August 13, 2016

Jimmy Osmond - We had a great week!

We really had a great time with the Moon River & Me Tour dates this week. 

I was joined by my brother, Jay, Charlie Green, and the Moon River Band this week for more shows on the Moon River & Me Tour. We started out with the show at the Brown County Playhouse in Nashville, Indiana, Wednesday, which I mentioned in an earlier post was a really fun time and the people there were wonderful to work with.

Our show last night at the Spencer Theater in Alto, New Mexico was at a beautiful theater with a pro crew. The theater was packed full :-) not because of me, but because of the amazing legacy of Andy Williams. 

I'm having so much fun doing this show and watching the impact that Andy's music still has in the lives of so many people that come to these shows.

Music is so powerful and you can really see it when people are literally tearing up remembering their lives when these songs were big hits for them. 

One man came up to me after the show last night thanking me with tears in his eyes and said that his wife is gone, but when I sang their song, Hawaiian Wedding Song, it brought back wonderful memories.

Another man, a veteran, said thank you for singing Danny Boy. He explained that was the song his mom sang to him when she said goodbye to him as he went off to war (she was gone when he came back). 

I've been told so many stories like these! 

I still can't believe I have been entrusted with such a treasure! It's really been a blessing and honor for me to be a small part of these experiences, and I thank you all for your support - it's really been amazing for me.
Love, Jimmy Osmond


11 comments:

  1. You bring back memories for many people. It's such a joy to go back in time to help us remember through music. Glad you are enjoying the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bring back memories for many people. It's such a joy to go back in time to help us remember through music. Glad you are enjoying the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jimmy. I really appreciate what you do. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jay in November for your Christmas show. I love hearing you sing Moon River. I got to hear Donny sing it in May. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jimmy. I really appreciate what you do. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jay in November for your Christmas show. I love hearing you sing Moon River. I got to hear Donny sing it in May. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jimmy, you are doing such a great job keeping Andys legacy alive and bringing his music to some who may not of heard it before and as you say bringing memories back to those who grew up listening to Andys music. So heart warming hearing the stories from people about how Andys songs touch their lives.
    Keep up the good work, not long now till the UK tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy, you are doing such a great job keeping Andys legacy alive and bringing his music to some who may not of heard it before and as you say bringing memories back to those who grew up listening to Andys music. So heart warming hearing the stories from people about how Andys songs touch their lives.
    Keep up the good work, not long now till the UK tour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Music is so important in our lives, a song can transport you back in time like nothing else can. It happens to me when I listen to The Plan, or your hits from the 70's Jimmy. I'm a little girl again! (Not that I ever grew up! Lol) Aww.. lovely stories people have shared, thank you for sharing them with us. Andy would be so proud. We will bring the kleenex in Oct then?! Can't wait!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy was such an Icon and a lovely man,his music will always touch the hearts and souls of the people who were brought up on his music,and many of his songs are being used today in one thing and another,I can't wait for this show and seeing you and Charlie singing his songs.a fitting show for your 50th year in show business.roll on September 30th my first show.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should write a book about all the stories x unfortunately I don't have any to tell but looking forward to the 11th October show x
    Sending u hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo looking fwd to seeing thd show live in October after hearing the CD wonderful stories Jimmy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad I got to see this show. You're making Andy proud.

    ReplyDelete