Friday, May 20, 2016

Sophia Osmond takes over Jimmy Osmond’s Blog today…

Hi everyone!

I’ve been hearing about the excitement for my dad’s new CD, “Moon River & Me: A Tribute to Andy Williams,” so I thought I’d take over “Jimmy Osmond’s Blog” today and give you a little background on the song I recorded with my dad for the CD. There is also a new video we put together on the PledgeMusic website, so I hope you get a chance to take a look. PledgeMusic has some great package options in addition to ordering the new CD.

It was fun to record with my dad again! We have worked on projects together, but have never published them. “Somethin’ Stupid” has become a special song for my dad and me, because we recorded it as a father-daughter duo just like Frank Sinatra and his daughter Nancy in 1967. My dad always includes family in everything and this meant a lot to me to be a part of.

My dad recorded his lead vocals for the song ahead of time so he could come to the studio with me for my harmony. My dad always makes me laugh, as well as helps me focus when I’m recording, so it’s not hard to be myself. I feel like I need him in there with me, because he knows me so well and knows perfectly how to help me.

My family and I grew up living next door to Andy Williams in Branson, Missouri. I remember when I was younger, seeing Andy go on evening walks with his family around our neighborhood. I would see him every couple of weeks in the summer when I was playing outside in our yard. He would always wave to me and say, “Tell your family hi!” He was one of those people you’d get excited to see, because they make you feel important. I am grateful I was able to take part in paying tribute to Andy Williams on my dad’s new CD, “Moon River & Me: A Tribute to Andy Williams by Jimmy Osmond.” I hope you enjoy it!

- Sophia Osmond

View Sophia Osmond's video message on PledgeMusic.com

16 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you Sophia,can't wait to get this new album and to hear you singing with your dad,looking forward to seeing you at the Christmas shows again.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something Stupid. ..... that was very popular on the "old fogey" AM station my dad would make me listen to every morning when driving me to school. Now it brings back wonderful memories of those mornings. I can't wait to hear how your dad and you have recorded it. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something Stupid. ..... that was very popular on the "old fogey" AM station my dad would make me listen to every morning when driving me to school. Now it brings back wonderful memories of those mornings. I can't wait to hear how your dad and you have recorded it. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sophia Osmond I can't wait to get my copie. I have been an Osmond since I was a teen. I am now 56 and have a son whom is 24. I love the Osmonds and their music. So I know I will love this. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sophia Osmond I can't wait to get my copie. I have been an Osmond since I was a teen. I am now 56 and have a son whom is 24. I love the Osmonds and their music. So I know I will love this. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear you are performing with your Dad on the CD. You have an amazing voice. Hopefully CD will arrive next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear you are performing with your Dad on the CD. You have an amazing voice. Hopefully CD will arrive next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sophia will definitely order the cd. Such a joy to have the Osmond family in my life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to hear 'Something Stupid' on the CD Sophia. How lovely you got to record with your Dad again. You are so lucky to have such an awesome Dad!! Hope you are well & I really thought you were great in the UK Christmas shows last year. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sophia From England UK This Is Lovely You & Your Dad Singing Together Look Forward To Hearing This Beautiful Song.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sophia From England UK This Is Lovely You & Your Dad Singing Together Look Forward To Hearing This Beautiful Song.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a lovely blog Sophia has wrote, the love within the family just shines through, nice to read about some of their family life, look forward to hearing the song you have sung together x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sophia, can't wait to get my copy of the album to hear your version of Something Stupid - I know it will be the best. x

    ReplyDelete