Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Jimmy Osmond remembers Ret Turner

I am saddened by the death of Ret Turner, a dear friend to the Osmond family. Often working with Bob Mackie, Emmy Award winner Ret Turner dressed everyone in Hollywood - Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra, Cher, Diana Ross, Dolly Parton, and so many others...including the Osmonds. I knew him as Uncle Ret and feel the passing of this dear and talented man is the end of an era.

During the Donny and Marie Show years, Ret dressed me up as everything from a deep sea diver, to a bear, a reindeer, a lion, a shark, and sometimes I even got to wear a tux. :-)

I love you and miss you already Uncle Ret...see you on the other side. - Jimmy Osmond

Ret Turner with my sister, Marie Osmond, in the wedding dress he designed for her




8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you lost a dear friend - he's probably chatting away with your parents about the good old days

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss Jimmy may you have many wonderful memories of Ret as life goes on.till you see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you have lost your dear friend jimmy,it is good that we know we will see our dear ones and friends again on the other side,thinking of you .xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Jimmy.Sorry to hear your sad news. I will be saying my prayers for you tonight xxx Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Jimmy.Sorry to hear your sad news. I will be saying my prayers for you tonight xxx Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss of a dear family friend, love to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaw I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend, Jimmy, my thoughts and prayers are with you right now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about the passing of your dear friend I will say a prayer for you and his family

    ReplyDelete