Sunday, May 15, 2016

Jimmy Osmond meets Mark Lowry

It was a great honor to meet the man who wrote the song that changed my life. "Mary Did You Know?" is a song that I've sung in concert for years, and some of you know I use this footage from the documentary I produced for the BBC called, "The Story of Jesus" on the screen behind me when I sing it. Mark and I met each other at Dino's show in Branson, Missouri and became quick friends. I think "Mary Did You Know?" is truly an inspired song, so thank you Mark Lowry, I am honored to be able to perform this beautiful song.
- Jimmy Osmond

Jimmy Osmond with Mark Lowry - writer of "Mary Did You Know?"

"Mary Did You Know?" sung by Jimmy Osmond
Footage from "The Story of Jesus" produced by Jimmy Osmond



21 comments:

  1. I'm glad you met Mark. I met him several years -- okay, DECADES -- ago. He is a gifted comedian, singer and song writer. But "Mary Did You Know" is truly inspiried!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By far one of my favorite songs you sing. Glad you met him. Love the video too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Mark Lowery. Seen him many times with the Gaithers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Did You Know - is one of my favorite inspirational songs - so glad for you that you got to meet the gentleman who wrote the song for the beautiful video of our Savior

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful song, love hearing you sing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful song, love hearing you sing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this song Jimmy,and you sing it so well

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mary did you know and first heard you sing it at BVT in Branson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jimmy I absolutely love 'Mary did you know'. Hope you sing it at Billingham in October or Newcastle in December. I shall be there. Can't wait. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remembered Mark from the Gaither Vocal Band. That guy is a trip. I didn't know he wrote Mary Did You Know. How cool is that.

    I love your version of Mary Did You Know. I've heard so many versions and yours is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jimmy and his team - may I respectfully let you know that Mary, Did you Know was actually written by two people... Mark Lowry and Buddy Greene. Both writers should be credited when citing authorship of a song. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be correct - Mark wrote the lyrics and Buddy wrote the music. :-)

      Delete
  13. It"s a beautiful song and I never tire of hearing you sing it Jimmy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It"s a beautiful song and I never tire of hearing you sing it Jimmy xx

    ReplyDelete