Monday, May 2, 2016

Jimmy Osmond Caricatures

One of the questions asked recently on the "Ask Jimmy Osmond" post was about my caricatures. I've loved drawing for as long as I can remember and still draw to this day.

One representation of my caricatures is in a book/cassette tape (yes, this was released awhile ago!) called "If Santa Were My Daddy." The song was originally recorded in the 1970s and the children's book was illustrated by me. There are actually some of these still around - check out the osmond.com store.

I also used Jimmy Osmond caricatures to create Hummy Bear and a line of pins - both of which are available through the osmond.com store.

Most recently, my character design was used for my children's book, published by Regnery Kids, called, "Jimmy Osmond's Awesome Possum Family Band."

You never know where one of my drawings will pop up. In 2008, my brother, Jay Osmond, released a CD single of "Little Drummer Boy," and I drew a caricature of him as the little drummer boy which was used as part of the CD art.


17 comments:

  1. Very proud to be the owner of one of your amazing drawings from Vegas last year. One of my most prized possessions!
    You are one very talented artists!
    Could you do another one for me thus week in Branson? ??!!!😃😃😃😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud to be the owner of one of your amazing drawings from Vegas last year. One of my most prized possessions!
    You are one very talented artists!
    Could you do another one for me thus week in Branson? ??!!!😃😃😃😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. You a very talented man. I have enjoyed your drawings for years. Keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your drawings Jimmy theyre FAB x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your drawings Jimmy theyre FAB x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy seeing your drawings very much, maybe a lucky person could have one done on the Alaska cruise 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your drawings! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a very special one framed in my house of the Jimmyosmond.com/Osmond.com mods - I love it and had no idea you were doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your drawings are fantastic,how about doing one for someone to win in the meet and greets for your moon River and me tour that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love The Awesome Possum book! I am looking forward to reading it to my future grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea of Julie Dunn. Please let us have a raffle and you do a caricature of a winner while we are on the Alaska cruise. The caricature you did of me in Las Vegas in 2006 is a prized possession

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my caricature you drew for me last year. I can't believe how the caricature looks soo much like me. I have that picture of my lock screen on my phone.

    You are so talented in your drawings, Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The caricature you did of my daughter years ago and the drawing you did in my birthday card a couple of years ago are 2 of my very treasured possesions, love 'em. Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The caricature that you did of Michael & myself with you at the Amercian Jukebox in Blackpool has a special place on the wall in my lounge. It is a wonderful reminder of that special time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I asked the question about your drawings and caricatures Jimmy, thanks for replying :) Jill B

    ReplyDelete