Sunday, April 10, 2016

National Siblings Day - Osmond Style!

Hello everyone and happy National Siblings Day!

Thinking about my siblings on this special day designated for doing just that, brought to mind one of the ways I've found to demonstrate my love and appreciation for my great big family. We went from Father (George Osmond) and Mother (Olive Osmond) and the nine of us...to...any Osmond out there have the current count? ;-)

The year 2014 saw a little milestone for me when I had my children's book, Jimmy Osmond's Awesome Possum Family Band, published by Regnery Kids. I've always loved to create characters and tell stories to my kids as they were growing up, so the Awesome Possum Family Band came about quite naturally.

If you've read the book (it isn't just for kids!), you'll see the possum family were numbered, just as we Osmonds numbered ourselves growing up. Oldest brother, Virl Osmond, is possum #1, Tom Osmond is possum #2, Alan Osmond - possum #3, Wayne Osmond - possum #3, Merrill Osmond - possum #5, Jay Osmond - possum #6, Donny Osmond - possum #7, Marie Osmond - possum #8, and I am possum #9 (Jimmy Osmond). As portrayed through the possums in my book, each of the Osmonds have different personalities that make up our ever-growing family...and I love every one of them!

So, happy National Siblings Day Osmonds - my brothers and sweet sister - and to all of the other siblings out there!


10 comments:

  1. This book is one of my most treasured items. Thank you for signing it to my own little grandson named Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I hope your Wyatt enjoys it! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I read it to my grandchildren and they love it! The also dance with the video's I take. They love you. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandson Logan loves to read it in bed,he still remembers being up on stage with you at Swansea panto Aladdin when he was 3.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Logan enjoys The Awesome Possum Family Band. Thanks for bringing him to the panto too!

      Delete
    2. He loves it the only thing he has a problem with is that it's autographed to me lol

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had this book autographed to my grandson Freddie, not much longer until we can read it together..a keepsake for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I my Awesome Possum Family book. I bought one for me and one for my sister. You were so sweet to autograph it for me at one of your awesome concerts. I will treasure it forever. Also when I have grandchildren it will be wonderful to read to them

    ReplyDelete