Thursday, April 28, 2016

Moon River and Me Starring Jimmy Osmond - Opening Night!

I'm so excited for the opening of my show, "Andy Williams Moon River and Me Starring Jimmy Osmond," tonight at the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center in Branson, Missouri!

One question asked recently was - what is my favorite Andy Williams song?...

I love so many of Andy’s songs, but I’d have to say, the first song that comes to mind as a favorite is "Almost Home," because of the tradition that came from it in my family. When I was little and we were working in Los Angeles, California, we would always sing "Almost Home" together as a family in our car on the way back to Huntsville, Utah. So, I have really happy memories that come from that song.

"Happy Heart" is another Andy Williams song that is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. It was an especially big hit for Andy in the United Kingdom. It just has a happy feel to it – one of those songs that just make you feel good.


Even though "Something Stupid" was a hit for Andy Williams, a lot of people remember the version sung by Frank Sinatra and his daughter, Nancy. Since we worked with Nancy Sinatra when I was young, and because of the recent loss of her brother, I included my version of it with my daughter, Sophia, as a gesture to our friend, Nancy Sinatra. I also thought it would be special to record this song with my beautiful daughter, since I am celebrating my 50th year in entertainment.

So, opening night of "Andy Williams Moon River and Me Starring Jimmy Osmond" tonight, and the "Moon River and Me: A Tribute to Andy Williams" CD now available for pre-order - this is fun!

Pre-order "Moon River and Me: A Tribute to Andy Williams" now available:

Andy Williams Moon River and Me Starring Jimmy Osmond
Select dates in April & May at Andy Williams Performing Arts Center, Branson, Missouri

Pre-order Moon River and Me: A Tribute to Andy Williams now available:

11 comments:

  1. I have pre-ordered mine. Looking forward to it. Best of luck with the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you and your show in October at Billingham Jimmy. Have a great opening night tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well tonight wish I could be there x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This time next week I will be there! Do excited to be coming to Branson! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Break a leg lol hope the show is great,but having you in it ,it's bound to be.cant wait till your back in Swansea in sept,also got tickets for Cardiff ,Weston super mare, and woking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Break a leg Jimmy & friends... can't wait til you are back on UK Soil though... I have my tickets for Sept & October. Love you Jimmy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Break a leg Jimmy & friends... can't wait til you are back on UK Soil though... I have my tickets for Sept & October. Love you Jimmy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck tonight, Jimmy and enjoy yourself. I know the show will be a huge success tonight. I loved the show last year. It was great.

    ReplyDelete