Saturday, April 30, 2016

Jimmy Osmond’s Birthday Message to Merrill

Today as I reflect on my life, I can recall so many times that my big brother Merrill Osmond has stood up for me and stuck his neck out for me, even when it wasn't in his own best interest.

I remember when I was living alone as a teenager in Los Angeles; it was Merrill who flew all the way to Japan to help me get a recording deal. Merrill was the one that showed up on the set of the film I did to make sure I was alright. And, it was Merrill that protected me when our family partnership was splitting up - he made sure my restaurant dream was protected and preserved for me. When I went to Branson, Missouri to open my first theater there, it was Merrill that was on the phone with me supporting me through it all.

Merrill and I haven't always agreed on things, but the best of friends don't always agree. I can honestly say that my life has been so blessed by having this wonderful big brother in my life. I love to see Merrill’s success, and still love working alongside him and our brother Jay.

It's Merrill’s birthday today, but he's the one who keeps on giving these precious life gifts to all of us.

Happy birthday my brother Merrill…I love you very much. - Jimmy Osmond


21 comments:

  1. He Ain't Heavy, he's my brother🎶😎❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Merrill a true gentle man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, most people only get that kind of tribute in their obituary. Kudos for saying it now! How lucky you are to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your families love for one another knows no bounds. I find it wonderful and refreshing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your families love for one another knows no bounds. I find it wonderful and refreshing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You brought a lump to my throat Jimmy. What lovely words.It's so important to tell the people we love how special they are to us while we can isn't. You two men are wonderful, humble, gracious human beings & such an example. If only the world was filled with more people like you guys xx God Bless you both

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww that's lovely. People could learn a lot from the relationship you have with the other members of your family. Happy Birthday Merrill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww that's lovely. People could learn a lot from the relationship you have with the other members of your family. Happy Birthday Merrill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely to see that you love your brothers and sister so much. And that they love you just as much happy birthday to Merrill,

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful words for your brother. The love you have for each other is something to be treasured . Thankyou for sharing. Happy birthday Merrill. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merrill is so wonderful and deserves the very best birthday lovely words Jimmy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful message about Merrill such lovely words, the love you all have shines through and you are all blessed to have that love, Happy Birthday Merrill x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful Brother, Jimmy, I certainly still miss my Brother. Hope Merrill had a great Birthday. Hope you have a blessed and happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merrill is a wonderful person with a big heart, that's why I love him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As usual as an Osmond you know how to make me cry. oh in a good way of course you guys just know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My that was really a nice blog. Bless you both. Merill has a true dear heart. You are a pretty nice brother in my eyes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My that was really a nice blog. Bless you both. Merill has a true dear heart. You are a pretty nice brother in my eyes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've always loved the bond between you & Merrill.

    Also, how much you look like him. You're the image of Merrill.

    I used to love Osmonds Worlds mags when there were articles & pix of the 2 of you together. I remember in one issue of Os World where he spoke about your special bond & how you used to call Merrill your twin, or something like that. It really touched me.

    For years I always wanted pictures of the 2 of you together & would be so happy when I found some.:)

    Happy Belated Birthday to Merrill, hope he had a brill day:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Big brothers and sisters are a blessing, may god bless you both.

    ReplyDelete